a corner: un coin, un angle
I hurt myself on the corner of the table. Je me suis fait mal sur le coin de la table.
My house is located on the corner of this street. J'habite à l'angle de cette rue.
to corner (someone, a market): coincer (qq'un), accaparer (un marché)
- "And in the leopard-skin corner, all the way from the Amazon, Horatio "The Anaconda" Oléré!"
- "On the corner is a banker with a motorcar, the little children laugh at him behind his back."
- "You've missed some trash over in that corner."
- "And somewhere over there in the corner is Horatio Oléré, master perfumer and minority shareholder."
- "Hey, you in the corner, we haven't heard from you in a while."
- "In the pink corner, all the way from Oxford, England, Brian "the butcher" Jones!"
- "In the pink corner, all the way from Oxford, England, Brian "The Butcher" Jones!"
- "And in the leopard-skin corner, all the way from the Amazon, Horatio "the anaconda" Oléré!"
- "I saw the cleaning man killing mice with his bare hands, and stacking them up in a pile in the corner."
- "Wooden beams and bookshelves... There's a roaring fire in the corner... And over there's the games area, with a dartboard and a pool table."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Corner' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !