customs : la douane
You will never get 25 bottles of Russian vodka through customs, Gordon. Put them back. Tu ne passeras jamais la douane avec ces 25 bouteilles de vodka russes, Gordon. Remets-les.
to clear customs passer la douane
(an interesting) custom: une coutume (intéressante)
- "Customs Agent : Ok, you're free to go."
- "I have managed to smuggle some of my favorite French foods through customs, including a very smelly camembert that I have kept in my trousers."
- "Customs Agent : Monsieur Oleré?"
- "She's having some difficulty with US customs. Apparently her strong British accent caused customs officials to believe that she was a terrorist."
- "It has come to my attention that there is a live animal on this plane, and due to customs regulations, we will have to land the plane in Guatemala."
- "Customs Agent : Oui."
- "Customs Agent : Did you bring cheese, vegetables or animals into the country?"
- "Customs Agent : Passeports, s'il vous plaît."
- "Customs Agent : Monsieur Quincy."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Customs' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !