to damage: abîmer, endommager, nuire à
Our new cat has already managed to damage the couch. Notre nouveau chat a déjà réussi à abîmer le canapé.
Excessive exposure to the sun may be damaging to your health. Une trop forte exposition au soleil peut nuire à la santé.
damage: les dégâts, les dommages
1,000 dollars' worth of damage was done to the car. La voiture a subi pour 1.000 dollars de dommage.
earthquake damage dégâts dus au tremblement de terre
The damage is already done. Le mal est fait.
damages (legal term): dommages et intérêts (terme juridique)
I've already paid 5,000 in damages. J'ai déjà payé 5.000 dollars de dommages et intérêts.
UK: Our new cat has already managed to damage the couch.
US: 1,000 dollars' worth of damage was done to my new car.
- "However, there's another way we can unwittingly damage the environment with computer use: going online."
- "If we don't get it right, it could SERIOUSLY damage Delavigne's sales next year!"
- "You have a $500 deductible on your comprehensive and collision coverage, meaning that Ouch Insurance will pay for any damages above this amount."
- "Is the bottle damaged, opened or defective?"
- "No damage that I can see."
- "Perhaps the benefits of the internet outweigh any damage it may cause to the environment?"
- "Covers you if your car damages someone else's property."
- "Covers damages to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another car."
- "She's so awful that just the sight of her makes people scream. When I pick her up, people run out of the room. In my hands, this instrument can do more damage than a bazooka!"
- "Covers damages to your vehicles in incidents other than auto accidents."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Damage' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !