(I owe you) a debt: (J'ai) une dette (envers vous)
to be in debt: avoir des dettes
UK: I am in debt because I went to university.
US: My father left many debts when he died.
- "Mazerati found out that the family was in debt, and he knew they would be willing to sell their shares."
- "Bethany : I may commence legal proceedings to recover the debt, without further notice to you..."
- "No glasses for me and I am in debt!"
- "I was a no-good cowboy with a failed department store and a ton of debt."
- "Day 1 : In order to pay our debt to the restaurant, Horatio and I have been forced to work in the kitchen."
- "If the matter is not resolved within four business days, I may commence legal proceedings to recover the debt, without further notice to you, and this letter may be tendered in court as evidence of your failure to attempt settlement."
- "No matter how much your department stores are grossing every month, there's no way you can stay out of personal debt when you're spending like this."
- "I would encourage you, and anyone else who suffers from sleep debt, to organize your schedule outside of work accordingly."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Debt' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !