to defeat (a team): gagner, vaincre, battre (une équipe)
a defeat: une défaite, un échec
- "Defeat a super villain."
- "In Japan, the Yomiuri Giants defeated the Hanshin Tigers to qualify for the playoffs."
- "Philip : Oh great, not only will we be humiliated, but we'll have the press covering every defeat."
- "At the Dubai Pro-Am tournament, a major surprise as an amateur golfer named Terrance Cashman shocked the world by shooting three under par and defeating over fifty professionals taking part in the tournament."
- "However the Togolese did receive some good news today as their football team defeated the heavily favored Irish side 2 goals to nil."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Defeat' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !