a desire: un désir, une envie
I have no desire to clean the house today. Je n'ai aucune envie de nettoyer la maison aujourd'hui.
to desire: désirer, avoir envie de
I desire a better position in the company. Je désire un meilleur poste dans l'entreprise.
- "This development greatly pleases me, and I would like to congratulate this person on their desire to attain nirvana with us."
- "This development pleases me, and I would like to congratulate this person on their desire to attain Nirvana with us, or possibly just Soundgarden."
- "-In a recent survey, nearly 70% of customers indicated that they wanted their needs and desires met prior to having to ask."
- "I can sell you one, if you desire."
- "When asked for the reason behind Zirconda's desire to join the EU, the Zircondan Minister of Foreign Affairs replied, "We've really always liked Europe."
- "Your commitment to daily English lessons has shown me how earnestly you desire to converse in the language of Shakespeare."
- "Wang desires to make Chinese goods synonymous with quality and class, not just mass production"."
- "In a surprising announcement yesterday, a spokesman for the tiny island nation of Zirconda expressed the country's desire to join the European Union as a member country sometime in the next decade."
- "Ah, here we are: It is my desire to bequeath the football club, Real Fudgenudge FC, to my grandson."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Desire' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !