a divide (between two generations): un clivage (entre deux générations)
to divide (a cake) into (slices): partager (un gâteau) en (parts)
to divide (public opinion): diviser, scinder (l'opinion publique)
- "let's take our money, and divide it into thirds!"
- "Bruno : I will now divide you into two teams. Each team will have a diabolically difficult task."
- "I know opinion is divided on the subject, but I've always been a firm believer in not doing drugs before an interview."
- "New president of Europe Brian Alistair Jones, the winner in a hotly contested election that divided citizens over issues such as a national cheese, sits in his office with a reflective look on his face."
- "Your contribution is currently divided into a portfolio of American mutual funds, stocks and bonds."
- "I'd like your opinion on the North versus South divide."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Divide' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !