an event: un événement
in the event of (a fire) en cas d('incendie)
an athletic event: une épreuve, une compétition sportive
- "Hannah : Well I've heard there are special "event organizers" that plan theme events in interesting locations, say for example a "Wild West" party on a ranch where everyone gets dressed up as cowboys."
- "What's your event?"
- "And now, without further ado, I'd like to present tonight's main event - our expert camel panel, who will answer all your questions about our favorite mammal, the camel."
- "As one of the charter members of the IACF, you have always been a respected presence at our events."
- "Ah, yes, you're in the Reading Comprehension event."
- "I'll be hosting the event in the Delavigne cafeteria with nothing but earplugs and a bottle of strong Scotch to kill the pain."
- "You are cordially invited to my grand opening, which will be filled with art, snacks, and for the first time at any event that I've hosted, no strippers."
- "Due to a tragic gas explosion in the Olympic village, all other contestants were killed before the event."
- "Philip Cheeter (USA) took the bronze medal in the Restraining oneself from flirting with the opposite sex event."
- "That was a summary of the major events of the last month."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Event' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !