to explain: expliquer
I explained this to you last week. Je te l'ai expliqué la semaine dernière.
an explanation: une explication
- "How do you explain it?"
- "Could you explain the economic situation to him?"
- "Let's listen to him explain"
- "Poor old Joan, please explain"
- "You're probably wondering what exactly happened between Bruno and I, and to be honest it's not easy to explain."
- "Therefore we'd like you to avoid the following words and expressions (I've explained the more difficult ones for your benefit)"
- "Godfather : I'm going to explain this one more time, before I die."
- "Narrator : Chief Financial Officer Icarus Quincy explains the changes that have been implemented in the Accounts department."
- "Bruno Delavigne, CEO of the Delavigne Corporation, explains the idea behind this unique project."
- "Just a reminder, folks: Radio Rhubarb will stay with this story until the bodies are discovered, excuse me, I mean until the situation is explained."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Explain' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !