to force: forcer
a force: une force
The door is heavy. You need to use a lot of force to open it. La porte est lourde. Il faut beaucoup forcer pour l'ouvrir.
- "I'm not going to suggest that we force all pubs to allow smoking, and ban non-smokers, however tempting this may be."
- "Force of habit..."
- "Why is forcing democracy on a country so difficult?"
- "European Supermarkets , which will be forced to give a one Euro price reduction for each minute a customer spends waiting in the check-out queue."
- "I was forced to renounce tea in favour of coffee."
- "Unless this contract is signed (in duplicate) by tomorrow, we will be forced to withdraw our 2.5 million dollar offer for the branding rights."
- "Mistake 2: You should never force lions to wear rollerblades."
- "Day 1 : In order to pay our debt to the restaurant, Horatio and I have been forced to work in the kitchen."
- "Bruno had spent his last few dollars on two plane tickets, and so he was forced to stay with his parents, Marc and Sarah."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Force' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !