to gain: acquérir, obtenir, gagner
He's really gaining in popularity. Il gagne vraiment en popularité.
We have nothing to gain from your offer. Nous n'avons rien à gagner de votre proposition.
to gain weight prendre du poids
a gain: une augmentation, un gain
the gains in productivity les gains de productivité
- "Since our departure from San Francisco, we have traveled through four time zones, suffered one flat tire, lost six passengers and gained eight other passengers."
- "After gaining 99% of his compatriots' votes in the country's first democratic election, General Oléré became our dear Commandante, Presidente, Primer Ministro, nuestro Papá de la Nación."
- "Of the many trendy movements gaining popularity within elitist circles, the "local food" movement may have the most momentum. The term describes the growing preference of some consumers to eat only locally or regionally-produced food rather than food which has traveled great distances before arriving on their plate."
- "If you, or any other shareholders are more concerned with short term gains and quick dividends, then you should invest somewhere else."
- "The highest rates of weight gain per second were localized in the mid-west and the south (the so-called Fat Belt), however weight gain was steady from coast to coast, from California to New York."
- "The option that gains the most votes will become reality in a month's time!"
- "This is no joke, Steve, we're looking at a colossal third quarter gain if we play our cards right."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Gain' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !