to give (somebody) a tour: faire visiter (quelque chose à quelqu'un)
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I give / I gave / I have given
- "Welcome to the asylum. Let me give you a quick tour."
- "I will not be giving the tour to Mr. Warbuckle personally, because this is not one of my duties as a personal assistant."
- "In the meantime, I'd like to give you a tour of the executive offices, introduce you to the staff, and answer any questions you might have."
- "I will be giving a tour to Mr. Warbuckle, showing him the offices, and introducing him to the staff individually."
- "If you'll follow me, I'll give you a quick tour of the offices and you can get started with your new job."
- "I'm giving a tour of the city to some Italian twins."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Give a tour' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !