to give (sbdy) a chance (to do sthg): donner l'occasion (à qq'un de faire qqch)
Just give me a chance to prove myself. Donnez-moi simplement l'occasion de prouver ma valeur.
- "It's just a chance for the two teams to try out some of the younger players."
- "Philip : ...it will be a chance for you to practice your English."
- "Otherwise, give me a chance, and I'll have a report for you by Tuesday."
- "I think that my new mountain bear rehabilitation clinic will give sick and injured bears a chance for better health."
- "You put your faith in my abilities to make perfumes, and you gave me a chance to have creative control of products with your family's name upon them. And you got me working papers."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Give somebody a chance' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !