to hire: embaucher, engager
We need to hire more people. Nous avons besoin d'engager plus de personnes.
to hire a car (UK): louer une voiture
to hire a taxi prendre un taxi
a hire: une embauche, une recrue
UK: We hired him last week.
US: The new guy in sales was an excellent hire.
- "Hire a sidekick."
- "Why should we hire you?"
- "Anyway, despite your commendable efforts, I have decided it would be best to hire the janitor through a cleaning agency."
- "I've been hired by your company to make sure you people are having fun and working together."
- "Who to hire, who to fire, who to raise, who to date, what to wear, what to eat!"
- "However, I want the final say on this new hire."
- "You know, you guys are hired."
- "Do you only hire women named Melanie?"
- "Edward : I mean - hire you?"
- "And this afternoon, the interviews to hire Horatio's replacement are starting."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Hire' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !