an initiative: une initiative
Take the initiative! Prenez l'initiative!
on one's own initiative de son propre chef
The government's new initiative to improve the economy is working. La nouvelle initiative du gouvernement pour relancer l'économie fonctionne bien.
- "She is the spokeswoman for the perfume company Delavigne Corp, known for its numerous eco-friendly initiatives."
- "Will you be making any money from this initiative?"
- "However, I can tell you that the initiative kills two birds with one stone: not only should it improve the level of hygiene in the office, it will also provide a permanent use for otherwise useless intern, Edward Moon."
- "CEO Bruno Delavigne, along with Chief of Research and Development Horatio Oléré, will unveil a philanthropic initiative of great consequence, to be revealed at the time of press conference (6 PM)."
- "In order to prevent the transmission of diseases in the workplace, I have put in place a new initiative that will encourage people to wash their hands after using the bathroom. I am reluctant to reveal too much information regarding the protocol as it may compromise its effectiveness."
- "For more information about Delavigne products or initiatives, please contact Susan Bliss, director of Marketing at (415) 555-6996."
- "Certainly there are companies which have had success with this kind of initiative, however I am reluctant to set aside time for naps at this time."
- "We are hoping this initiative will save time and avoid hurt feelings (mainly my own)."
- "This sort of initiative has had remarkable success at such multinationals as Moogle."
- "Mr. Jones, you talked earlier about Delavigne's planned environmental initiatives-"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Initiative' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !