to last (for a long time): durer, persister (un long moment)
Susie has been in many relationships that didn't last. Susie a eu beaucoup de relations amoureuses qui n'ont pas duré.
last (month): (le mois) dernier
last: dernièrement, anciennement
- "Do you know what happened to the last person who didn't think my jokes were funny?"
- "I received your last pigeon."
- "I am using my last silk scarf to write you this note, please forgive the ink-stained fabric."
- "As her delicate hands served each dish, each more exquisite than the last, my mind started to wander and I began to imagine a future with Betty by my side, maybe even as my wife."
- "One last point!"
- "For the last 2 days we have had to immobilise him. He has been trying to lick his own bottom, he keeps dancing to the music in his head, and worst of all, he sometimes tries to polish an imaginary teapot."
- "Last words: " SAY MISTER, THAT'S A NICE SET OF TEETH YOU'VE... ""
- "Vicar : Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate the holy matrimony of two young lovers, eager to forge a union in the eyes of God, which is to last forever and ever."
- "The company, at the center of hundreds of scandals in the last 10 years, ranging from illegal bear hunts to monkey abuse to laboratory explosions, just can't seem to get their act together."
- "Bruno : Horatio, show me all of Delavigne's major perfumes from the last 10 years."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Last' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !