the law: la loi
UK: The law should be respected at all times.
US: But some laws are just ridiculous.
- "In accordance with Intergalactic tax law 3.5, your planet will be destroyed."
- "The people of Cheeterland are eagerly awaiting King Cheeter's new laws."
- "I think that the immigration laws in America are too strict!"
- "The candle lady says there are new office laws, and that I have to wear your stupid American trouser-pants."
- "I was never very good at my law classes at college."
- "I know there are possibly some laws that grant amnesty to certain illegal immigrants."
- "Voting is mandatory down under, and the law is applied rigorously."
- "Warbuckle : Come on now Pedro, it's a good idea, but the laws in Texas forbid me from marrying another man, and besides, you're not really my type."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Law' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !