(to wait in a) line (US), queue (UK): (attendre dans une, faire la) queue
I need to stand in the queue. Je dois faire la queue.
to queue up (UK): faire la queue
En anglais "américain", to queue up se traduit par to wait in line.
UK: In Britain, a "line" is called a "queue".
US: In America, a "queue" is called a "line".
- "The line for the toilet was enormous, so I went to the ladies' toilet, but then a woman was scared and she called the police of the stadium. The stadium police took me to the real police, we went under the stadium and they checked my papers."
- "Jean : Oh, this line is long..."
- "It's only waiting in the queue at this point."
- "Polly : I don't care if it's in the queue!"
- "All non-EU passport holders please queue up to the left, and all EU passport holders please proceed to the right."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Line-queue' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !