to lose (one's keys, a tennis match): perdre (ses clefs, un match de tennis)
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I lose / I lost / I have lost
I am lost (in this big city!): Je suis perdu (dans cette grande ville !)
UK: You lose everytime we play tennis.
US: And last week I lost my job.
- "LOST DOG!"
- "Edward Marley : Well, you could lose your health, you could lose your soul, you could lose your reputation, you could lose your trousers, you could lose your fortune..."
- "If you have seen Stink, or heard any rumors to his location, please contact the lost dog hotline 24 hours a day, seven days a week: 1-800-RU MY DOG (1-800-786-9364)"
- "I have finished my tour of the company and it is worse than I thought: not only has Delavigne become a faceless, money-grabbing corporation, but it has also lost its "music"!"
- "You say that you lost your job to a camel?"
- "My name is Brian Jones and I recently lost my job... to a camel!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Lose' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !