to maintain: maintenir, garder, entretenir
Try to maintain some control. Essayez de garder un peu de contrôle.
(a) well-maintained (garden): (un jardin) bien entretenu
- "I maintain the balance of fluid in the body by removing waste from the blood and excreting it as urine."
- "I'll need to check that your equipment and utensils are clean and well-maintained."
- "Your role is critical in maintaining our strong sales numbers despite the economic downturn."
- "-Going the extra mile to satisfy a customer is a great way of maintaining customer loyalty."
- "I managed to maintain a shred of dignity by sticking out my ‘pinkie' finger with each sip."
- "To help us maintain the high standards of our consulting group, we would greatly appreciate if you could take a few moments to fill in the attached performance evaluation form for our employee, Robert Tiberius Carter."
- "You must have spent millions to have this place built and you must be paying millions just to maintain it!"
- "Greenzo: Saving the earth while maintaining profitability."
- "It's true that Stickypedia is maintained by anonymous volunteers rather than renowned experts, but despite this, it works remarkably well!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Maintain' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !