to make conversation (with someone): faire la conversation (à qq'un)
a conversation: une conversation, un dialogue
- "Sorry about the mess in this meeting room. As I suggested in our telephone conversation last week, I'm going to need some convincing that your site is suitable to sell our products."
- "Change your mind right now, and I'll forget this conversation ever happened."
- "Brian : I'm just trying to make conversation."
- "So, for the two conversations last week, which I greatly enjoyed, the total amounts to 1200 dollars."
- "Jean and Bruno conclude their conversation about politics"
- "I just wanted to follow up on our conversation yesterday, and let you know that I'll be available for a telephone interview on Tuesday of next week."
- "I would like to continue this conversation in an interview for my new finance magazine, "Money Like Runny Honey"."
- "Remember: on the Musical Store hotline, all conversations take place in song!"
- "Politics is a delicate topic of conversation in the United States."
- "Jean, check out these fancy idioms to add some colour to your future conversations!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Make conversation' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !