to manage to (do something): réussir à, se débrouiller pour (faire quelque chose)
to manage (a company): diriger, gérer (une entreprise)
- "Eventually I did manage to finish it however, at which time I enjoyed another good laugh."
- "Looks like you've managed to escape prison one more time!"
- "You'll be pleased to know that despite our little incident, I managed to talk those suckers at "Smells R Us" into renewing their orders for the upcoming year."
- "HoratioBot tried to eat her, but I managed to save her."
- "I have managed to smuggle some of my favorite French foods through customs, including a very smelly camembert that I have kept in my trousers."
- "Jean and I have managed to recover all of our data and transfer it to our new servers, so theoretically you should have received all emails which were sent to you while our server was offline."
- "We managed to identify and destroy the virus before it infected any other machines on the network, which is extremely good news."
- "He writes: Miss Bliss, how do you manage to thrive in the male-dominated perfume industry?"
- "Luckily for you, Freddy and I are members of the same golf club and I managed to persuade him not to press charges."
- "I managed to maintain a shred of dignity by sticking out my ‘pinkie' finger with each sip."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Manage to' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !