a nation: une nation, un pays
UK: Britain is a nation of shopkeepers.
US: The president spoke to the nation about the new tax.
- "Conductor : As I was saying, Boston played a large role in the birth of our great nation, which is why it is sometimes called the "cradle of liberty"."
- "We're supposed to bring democracy to a small nation by Friday, and we don't even know where we're bringing it."
- "Professor Hyppolyte Fabuleux said "Ever since the French flu pandemic of 1873, our nation has worn scarves to protect against the common cold and flu."
- "I hope you'll come back soon with more information about the fascinating nation of Scandinavia."
- "America has always been generous to our immigrants, if they're willing to work hard, they can be part of our great nation."
- "Could the peace of this rainy, beer-loving nation be in danger?"
- "Bring democracy to a small nation."
- "Let's take a short break and we'll be back to learn more about your exotic, undiscovered nations."
- "No, I am scared for the people of this nation, and others across the planet."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Nation' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !