a nation: une nation, un pays
UK: Britain is a nation of shopkeepers.
US: The president spoke to the nation about the new tax.
- "Professor Hyppolyte Fabuleux said "Ever since the French flu pandemic of 1873, our nation has worn scarves to protect against the common cold and flu."
- "We're supposed to bring democracy to a small nation by Friday, and we don't even know where we're bringing it."
- "I hope you'll come back soon with more information about the fascinating nation of Scandinavia."
- "Bring democracy to a small nation."
- "No, I am scared for the people of this nation, and others across the planet."
- "America has always been generous to our immigrants, if they're willing to work hard, they can be part of our great nation."
- "Could the peace of this rainy, beer-loving nation be in danger?"
- "Let's take a short break and we'll be back to learn more about your exotic, undiscovered nations."
- "Conductor : As I was saying, Boston played a large role in the birth of our great nation, which is why it is sometimes called the "cradle of liberty"."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Nation' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !