the new year: le nouvel an, la nouvelle année
new year's day: le 1er janvier, le jour de l'an
- "Government officials hope to boost the stagnant economy by postponing the holiday until the 31st, and thereby benefiting from increased consumer activity up until the New Year."
- "Brian : Today I'll be presenting a few of Delavigne's upcoming product releases for the new year, as well as discussing the company's latest plans and initiatives."
- "Bruno : Happy Holidays and a very safe and healthy New Year, Gymglish users."
- "On New Year's day, a bear in Kuala Lumpur stole a golf cart and drove it into the aquarium, where it was caught attempting to mate with a two-ton bluefin tuna."
- "Warbuckle : Hey Philip, your prediction was right – this New Year's party is full of beautiful women!"
- "Bruno : So here I am in a Kalackistani hotel, two days before the new year, and it's freezing!"
- "Now that the pleasantries are out of the way, I sincerely hope that one of your resolutions for the new year is to be less of a jerk."
- "And the beauty of this song is - in case it wins me any bonus points - you can also use it for New Year too, which I assume I'll also be spending alone."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'New year' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !