to own: posséder
I own three cars. Je possède trois voitures.
(my) own (car): (ma) propre (voiture)
UK: Now that I'm thirty, my mum wants me to get my own home.
US: I owned a motorcycle when I was younger.
- "For the last 2 days we have had to immobilise him. He has been trying to lick his own bottom, he keeps dancing to the music in his head, and worst of all, he sometimes tries to polish an imaginary teapot."
- "Santa Claus is coming to town - especially if you own shares in Delavigne Corp!"
- "I see you manage your own share portfolio."
- "Although I don't own a rifle, I'm pretty sure they're not allowed on commercial flights."
- "Our commitment to our customers has always been what sets us apart from our competitors, and it's time to dedicate some serious resources to a full time staff with their own space."
- "-Stink, Bruno's dog, has his own key to the apartment."
- "We'll have our own meeting by the coffee machine."
- "We make our own glass right here in the factory."
- "Everyone must choose their own path, but thanks to the fine education that this school has provided for us, we have a solid foundation on which to build."
- "Jean : Do I own my own home?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Own' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !