noun, adjective, adverb
(100) percent: (100) pour cent
Percent can take EITHER a singular OR a plural verb depending on the context. Example : "80 percent of the people are happy" OR "80 percent of the group is happy".
I got 100 percent on my lesson today! J'ai eu 100 pour cent aujourd'hui à ma leçon!
a percentage: un pourcentage
- "Just for you a 30 percent discount on all units of Liquid Dynamite!"
- "Quentin : Mr. Jones, the trial version is one hundred percent free!"
- "Janine : This payment is based on your salary and, in general, is about 50 per cent of your weekly earnings."
- "I estimate that you have decreased my daily efficiency by 59.75 percent and increased my chance of a brain trauma by 63.26 percent!"
- "Authorities speculated that the group's chance for survival was "slim to none", then specified that it was closer to .006 percent."
- "I estimate my daily efficiency will improve by 2.65 percent."
- "I am 100 percent putting the phone down."
- "Currently the unemployment rate is at 7.2 percent, which is the highest it has been since 1992."
- "Bruno : Your Website advertises Delavigne perfumes at 20% percent below the list price, correct?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Percent' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !