precisely: précisément, exactement
That's precisely the point. C'est exactement l'idée.
Is it 3:00 p.m.? -Precisely. Il est 3 heures? -3 heures pile.
precise: exact, précis
precision: la précision, l'exactitude
UK: Please tell me precisely why you want to join the circus.
US: I can't give you a precise answer: it's just a feeling I have.
- "Sheriff Joan Wayne to be precise."
- "I'm here because two European tourists - Dutch to be precise - have been taken hostage by pirates."
- "Miss Fiona Stake is an efficiency expert (a consultant to be precise), hired by Bruno at the request of several Delavigne Corp investors who are concerned about the efficiency of our staff."
- "Janine : Precisely Brent."
- "And carbon dating gives us a precise idea of when these beasts did actually exist."
- "I'm calling an emergency meeting for tomorrow (Friday the 13th) first thing in the morning (8:15 am to be precise)."
- "Moira : Speaking of Mexico, or more precisely the Gulf of Mexico, an earthquake struck the west coast of central Florida last night."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Precisely' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !