precisely: précisément, exactement
That's precisely the point. C'est exactement l'idée.
Is it 3:00 p.m.? -Precisely. Il est 3 heures? -3 heures pile.
precise: exact, précis
precision: la précision, l'exactitude
UK: Please tell me precisely why you want to join the circus.
US: I can't give you a precise answer: it's just a feeling I have.
- "I'm calling an emergency meeting for tomorrow (Friday the 13th) first thing in the morning (8:15 am to be precise)."
- "Sheriff Joan Wayne to be precise."
- "And carbon dating gives us a precise idea of when these beasts did actually exist."
- "Janine : Precisely Brent."
- "Moira : Speaking of Mexico, or more precisely the Gulf of Mexico, an earthquake struck the west coast of central Florida last night."
- "Miss Fiona Stake is an efficiency expert (a consultant to be precise), hired by Bruno at the request of several Delavigne Corp investors who are concerned about the efficiency of our staff."
- "I'm here because two European tourists - Dutch to be precise - have been taken hostage by pirates."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Precisely' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !