to pretend: faire semblant, simuler, prétendre
Don't pretend that you don't know what I'm talking about. Ne faites pas semblant de ne pas comprendre de quoi je parle.
to pretend that...: faire comme si...
Pretend that you're a princess, and I'm your prince charming. Fais comme si tu étais une princesse et moi ton prince charmant.
pretend: imaginaire, faux
This is my pretend house. Ceci est ma maison imaginaire.
- "I could pretend to be your wife."
- "I could never even pretend to afford one tenth of one of your companies, let alone both!"
- "I pretend to detest Philip Cheeter, but I'm secretly very attracted to him. In fact, I would like to meet him later by the bushes for a few drinks-"
- "It's not fair to you for me to pretend our relationship is going to work when I know in my heart my attention is elsewhere - Europe."
- "Brian : Well I know Mr. Delavigne, but that's what acting is all about, pretending that you care about things."
- "Please, just pretend I'm not here."
- "I want you to pretend that I am a naughty photocopier."
- "As my "pretend" wife you should smile and keep quiet at all times."
- "Victims receive an email pretending to be from online money-transfer service PalPay."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Pretend' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !