(it's) pretty (far): (c'est) assez, plutôt (loin)
I'm pretty tired, so I don't think I'll be going out tonight. Je suis assez fatigué, donc je ne pense pas sortir ce soir.
(a) pretty (girl): (une) jolie (fille)
You look pretty in that dress. Tu es très jolie dans cette robe.
(it's) pretty much (the same): (c'est) pratiquement (la même chose)
UK: Have you seen the new girl? She's really pretty!
US: Not when you get up close - she's actually pretty ugly!
- "Horatio : Yeah it's pretty cool."
- "Fat Face Sal : Pretty good, pretty good."
- "I'm too pretty to die like this!"
- "I don't often get such a pretty lady to come here on her own accord... and for free!"
- "Industrial Fruit Concern Inc. has stated that if they acquire the juice business, they plan to completely change the company culture and business model, create hundreds of soulless storefronts across the world, and pretty much ruin everything that made it unique."
- "But I've got to warn you, these are some pretty serious tough hombres back there..."
- "This exhibit looks pretty popular though."
- "You sound very pretty."
- "So, would you say that that's pretty much all you need to know about New Zealand and Australia?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Pretty' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !