to retreat: se retirer, se replier, reculer
Jean retreated behind a ficus when he saw Bruno approaching. Jean a reculé derrière un ficus quand il a vu Bruno s'approcher.
a retreat: un retrait, un repli
Luna goes on a retreat with all her pets and cousins once a year. Luna fait une retraite avec tous ses animaux et ses cousins une fois par an.
- "We sincerely hope that your stay at the Center for Rest and Peace is going tranquilly, and that you are enjoying the myriad rewards of our relaxing retreat."
- "Subject: Corporate Retreat and Team-Building"
- "In response to an anonymous suggestion placed in the suggestion box last week, I am pleased to inform you that a company retreat has been planned for next month in Half Moon Bay."
- "I would like to see some sort of corporate weekend retreat for the employees."
- "Spa Retreat Rules - Fifth Warning"
- "I would be remiss if I did not mention that this company retreat will include team-building exercises led by an expert from the FunFactory Consulting Squadron."
- "At our spacious and tranquil retreat, you will find a solution for all your earthly problems. Whether you have a serious alcohol or drug addiction, a troubled marriage, or are just severely disappointed in your gay children, we have a program for you!"
- "In spite of my blinding rage and abiding contempt for you, my yoga guru has advised me that expressing myself to you via a letter may prove therapeutic, which is why I am penning the present missive from my retreat, high atop the Himalayan peaks."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Retreat' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !