a square (shape): un carré
a square (in a city): une place
Famous squares include Red Square, Trafalgar Square, and Tiananmen Square.
a square (slang): quelqu'un de strict, coincé (argot)
- "Here is Red Square, there is blue square, over there is black square."
- "All of the hippies, but none of the squares!"
- "Bruno : Well, I loved the one with the squares and then the circles."
- "The dark blue circle was in front of the squares, in the foreground."
- "Art dealer : You mean the circle was behind the squares?"
- "Art dealer : All of Plazbo's paintings feature squares and circles."
- "Bruno : No, no, the small green square was inside the big red square."
- "Bruno : The two squares were covered by a dark blue circle."
- "Did the picture have a smaller red square superimposed on a larger green square?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Square' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !