(to be) suitable: (être) convenable, approprié, adéquat, propice
to suit (somebody): convenir, aller à (quelqu'un)
That shirt really suits you. Cette chemise te va vraiment bien.
- "A Beretta is more suitable for a child of that age."
- "Items marked "VV" are vegan, and those marked "V" are suitable for vegetarians."
- "I suggest that you either make this product suitable for vegetarians, or rename it "chicken and vegetable soup"."
- "Good luck in piecing them together and ultimately choosing the most suitable candidate for the job (whatever it is)."
- "Should you have anything suitable, I would be very grateful to view it as soon as possible."
- "Donna : Well, I was wondering if any of the accessories would be suitable for women?"
- "Sorry about the mess in this meeting room. As I suggested in our telephone conversation last week, I'm going to need some convincing that your site is suitable to sell our products."
- "I read your CV with interest, but I'm afraid to say we have no suitable vacancies at present."
- "However, I will keep your resume on file and contact you if ever a suitable position becomes available."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Suitable' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !