to seek: chercher, rechercher
He seeks the truth. Il cherche la vérité.
Bruno is desperately seeking Susan (Bliss). Bruno recherche désespérément Susan (Bliss).
Notons que ce verbe est irrégulier :
I seek / I sought / I have sought
UK: The verb "to seek" is irregular: seek/sought/sought.
US: Seek and ye shall find.
- "You should seek mental help."
- "I saw your ad on Craigsboard and I am seeking a roommate."
- "You'll find the answers you are seeking within."
- "Chuk-Chuk : Brother Jones, sometimes the answer you are seeking is the question itself."
- "Accomplished singer/songwriter seeks to work in an accounts department."
- "I left my small village in Guanajuato to seek a fortune for my family."
- "The Delavigne Corporation, a worldwide leader in cosmetics, seeks an experienced, qualified professional to manage the new customer service department in San Francisco."
- "I am actively seeking an executive assistant opportunity in a demanding, fast-paced, multi-tasking environment such as the Delavigne Corporation."
- "At this particular point in time, I will make it public that you, Philip Cheeter, the most macho of Delavigne employees, are currently seeking psychological help."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'To seek' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais en ligne Gymglish !