While (I was sleeping...): Pendant que, alors que (je dormais...)
In British English, whilst is often used in place of "while".
While he presented an impressive CV, he did not do very well in the interview. Bien qu'il ait un CV impressionnant, il ne m'a pas plu pendant l'entretien.
Can you wait for me while I get a few things from the store? Peux-tu m'attendre pendant que je fais quelques courses?
While (on the building site, be very careful): (Faites très attention) lorsque (vous serez sur le chantier)
(to wait for) a while: (attendre) un moment
It's been a while since I last heard from you. Cela fait un moment que je n'ai pas eu de tes nouvelles.
UK: Whilst you're up, would you mind making me a cup of tea?
US: I cut my chin while shaving this morning.
- "While other airlines set ticket prices for their flights, Mile High Airways has devised a new pricing strategy called "Fare's fair"."
- "For those of you just tuning in, it was reported that the eccentric perfume magnate was piloting a hot air balloon while drunk when he lost control of the machine."
- "Horatio : Do you know who is feeding my monkeys while we're gone?"
- "While the print media has indeed been critical of your company recently, we propose focusing on Delavigne's Internet presence to shift the narrative from tabloid gossip to the high quality profiles and experience of your staff."
- "I'm sitting in Mr. Warbuckle's golf cart, while he drives me around the ranch."
- "while children like dogs because they often solve mysteries in a large van in cartoons."
- "Plus you keep yelling "man overboard" while using the toilet."
- "My father once said, a dying British man will shoot you while you're trying to rob an airport."
- "Bruno saw his first dolphin at the age of 13, while surfing in the Pacific."
- "Greenzo: Saving the earth while maintaining profitability."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'While' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !