I played tennis against Bjorn Borg yesterday. J'ai joué au tennis contre Bjorn Borg hier.
I sat down with my back against the wall. Je me suis assis, le dos contre le mur.
This politician is against abortion. Cet homme politique est contre l'avortement.
against the grain à contre-courant, pas conventionnel
to be against (something): être contre (quelque chose)
I am against this marriage. Je suis contre ce mariage.
UK: I'm sitting against a wall.
US: This politician is against capital punishment.
- "Since I was no longer covered, my insurance claim against Kalvin Krime was refused, even though the truck driver was the responsible party."
- "I have some very important news about the criminal cases against you Mr. Capone."
- "Brian : Well it's against company policy, but just this once..."
- "It's against the rules."
- "Please note that antibiotics are not effective against viruses!"
- "In the event of an accident, if someone files a claim against you, you could be liable for thousands of dollars in damages."
- "Hannah : I'd like to discuss the CIA's alleged use of torture techniques against terror suspects."
- "Hands against the wall."
- "We are against it."
- "I have some very important news about the criminal cases against you, Mr. Capone."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Against' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !