the board (of a company): le conseil, le directoire, le comité (de direction)
The board can refer to both shareholders and the directors of a company. In both cases, "the board" makes most major decisions for the company (in a "boardroom" usually).
a (surf) board: une planche (de surf)
a board (at school): un tableau (à l'école)
Schools often have "blackboards", "chalkboards" or "whiteboards" in classrooms.
- "Mazerati cautiously approached each individual, so it came as a total surprise to all involved when Mazerati was elected CEO by the D&C board last Tuesday."
- "I'm the one that has to justify a 14,000 dollar shipment of ingredients to the board!"
- "Icarus : Then I'll have to recommend to Bruno and to the board that your supplies must be pre-approved by... me!"
- "The Board is pleased to inform shareholders that the dividend per share will be 16.3¢."
- "Miaow Yang : With the money we are offering, you could start a new business, even remain on the board of Miracle Juices..."
- "Let me see... I, Horatio Oléré, agree to the following... will not sell without prior permission from the Board... should I attempt to sell my shares... prosecution."
- "Bruno : The board has elected a new CEO, Sylvio Mazerati."
- "The board of the IACF thought it only fitting that you, one of the true pioneers in the fragrance and cosmetic community, deliver the speech to mark the Vicennial anniversary of our organization."
- "Mr. Cheeter, why don't you come up to the board and show us how you think this problem should be solved?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Board-business' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !