to come across (a document): voir, tomber sur (un document)
I came across your file the other day. Je suis tombé sur votre dossier l'autre jour.
to come across (somebody, some problems): rencontrer (quelqu'un, des problèmes)
I came across my kindergarten teacher on the street last week. J'ai rencontré mon institutrice de maternelle dans la rue la semaine dernière.
- "Herbert : I'm afraid we came across a few problems halfway through the film."
- "I'll play the part of a typical customer you might come across."
- "You might also have come across an email with the subject: "Delavigne mail server (urgent!)", which was sent 1 minute before the server crashed... weird, huh?"
- "Philip : I also came across a truly riveting article in the "Crawl Street Journal" about international outsourcing in central Europe."
- "In my 17-odd years as an efficiency expert, I have yet to come across an individual quite like Icarus Quincy."
- "One of my assistants came across your application for a building permit last week."
- "Some of the girls have also complained to me about the number of dead mice they have been coming across."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Come across' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !