to come across (a document): voir, tomber sur (un document)
I came across your file the other day. Je suis tombé sur votre dossier l'autre jour.
to come across (somebody, some problems): rencontrer (quelqu'un, des problèmes)
I came across my kindergarten teacher on the street last week. J'ai rencontré mon institutrice de maternelle dans la rue la semaine dernière.
- "Some of the girls have also complained to me about the number of dead mice they have been coming across."
- "Philip : I also came across a truly riveting article in the "Crawl Street Journal" about international outsourcing in central Europe."
- "I'll play the part of a typical customer you might come across."
- "Herbert : I'm afraid we came across a few problems halfway through the film."
- "One of my assistants came across your application for a building permit last week."
- "In my 17-odd years as an efficiency expert, I have yet to come across an individual quite like Icarus Quincy."
- "You might also have come across an e-mail with the subject: "Delavigne mail server (urgent!)", which was sent 1 minute before the server crashed... weird, huh?"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Come across' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !