a delay: un retard, un délai
We apologize for the delay. Nous vous prions de nous excuser pour ce retard.
to delay: reculer, repousser, retarder
My flight has been delayed. Mon avion a été retardé.
UK: Brutish Airways was very kind to apologise for the delay.
US: Yes, but we've been delayed at this airport for three months!
- "In the event of a delay of more than 3 hours, refreshments will be available."
- "Train number 98756 from London to Paris is delayed due to water on the tracks."
- "Don't delay!"
- "Sorry for the confusion, I think I must have delayed jet lag or something."
- "In the event of a layover due to a delayed flight, hotel accommodation will be provided within the airport."
- "Our server is at 99.9% full capacity, which causes significant delay in sending and receiving messages."
- "We do sincerely apologise for the delayed arrival."
- "Announcement : Ladies and Gentlemen, we regret to inform you that there are severe delays on the Hammersmith and City line, Circle and District line and the Central line."
- "We apologize for the short delay."
- "Announcement 1 : Ladies and gentlemen, train number 98756 from London to Paris is delayed due to water on the tracks."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Delay' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !