to doubt: douter
I doubt she will make it tonight. Je doute qu'elle ne vienne ce soir.
a doubt: un doute
I have some doubts about this solution. J'ai des doutes sur cette solution.
UK: I doubt she will make it tonight.
US: I have some doubts about this solution.
- "Without any written correspondence, I doubt your case will hold up in a court of law."
- "Gertrude Warner : Oh, I doubt that."
- "- I doubt that the fruit bar will be expanded since it is rarely touched."
- "Philip : Oh, I doubt that."
- "I don't doubt your talent, Mr. Hogwash, but perhaps the unique requirements of this project scare you?"
- "I doubt that my brother will be attending this year, but there's always a small chance that he'll show up."
- "Philip : I doubt it, Edward, unless you know how to transport 30,000 units of perfume from Southampton, England, to Brazil in less than three weeks?"
- "I sincerely doubt you could afford me."
- "Philip : Yeah, I seriously doubt that."
- "And, if you do manage to get an interview, which I very much doubt, I suggest you practise your manner."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Doubt' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !