(I) happened to be (there): Il se trouve que (j'étais là)
There just so happened to be an extra concert ticket. Il se trouve qu'il y avait justement (par hasard) un billet de concert de plus.
She happened to be on the same bus: On s'est trouvé (par hasard) avec elle dans le même bus
- "Everybody has a passion in life, and yours just happens to be perfumes."
- "I'm joined in the cockpit by my co-pilot in training, Randy Williams. Randy happens to be blind, but we're happy to have him with us on his first flight."
- "Today happens to be my birthday."
- "As a result of the operation, Mr. Connors was physically unable to drive his own car, due to the bandages covering his eyes, which is why Mr. Marron happened to be at the wheel."
- "A quick-thinking pedestrian, who happened to pass by just as the suspicious youths entered the bank, helped police solve the crime in record time."
- "Randy happens to be blind, but we're happy to have him with us on his first flight."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Happened to be' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !