to investigate: enquêter
They're investigating the robbery. Ils font une enquête sur le braquage.
an investigation: une enquête
he is under investigation: il fait l'objet d'une enquête
Last year's bank robbery is still under investigation. On enquête toujours sur le braquage de l'année dernière.
- "I'll investigate the case, and try to get to the bottom of all of this."
- "Is this some sort of undercover investigation?"
- "I need you to investigate a salesman named Spencer."
- "Authorities are currently investigating possible links to notorious perfume magnate Kalvin Krime."
- "Fortunately for law enforcement officials, the investigation lasted less than an hour."
- "Is it true that Delavigne is currently under investigation by the California Animal Rights Organization, following anonymous reports of monkey abuse?"
- "Today we'll be investigating scams and schemes, and talking about how to avoid them."
- "No investigation was conducted."
- "I'm not saying an American firm would be any better, but perhaps we could investigate other options."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Investigate' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !