local (elections): (des élections) locales
the locals (of an island): les habitants (d'une île)
the locals les gens du pays, les locaux, les habitants
UK: Don't forget to vote in the local elections!
US: I love France, but the locals scare me.
- "Furthermore, support of local businesses, farmers and stores is one way to protect local jobs."
- "Then we'll need an education branch to spread our Western propaganda, I'll probably have to wear some local garb to fit in... possibly a burka or sarong... I do look forward to that... Dammit Edward!"
- "The Delavigne Corporation is one of San Francisco's most-respected local businesses, producing fine products since the early twentieth century."
- "The assaulted man is in stable condition at a local hospital."
- "Philip will be traveling to smoggy, silicone-filled Los Angeles on Thursday morning to meet with buyers from 'Smells R Us', a chain of local perfume stores based in Southern California, as well as carriers of fine Delavigne products."
- "San Francisco - In a move that is barely newsworthy, Industrial Fruit Concern Inc. (NASDAQ: IFC) has made a multi-billion dollar offer to acquire a local juice boutique."
- "IT assistant for the Delavigne Corporation and local French man Jean Marron was awarded the San Francisco Gold Medal Hero Award yesterday for his display of courage in saving the life of his pilot instructor."
- "I have ten years' experience in the customer service field, as well as management experience in a local telemarketing firm. The challenging environments in which I've worked have taught me to think on my feet, communicate clearly and always remain polite and professional while dealing with callers."
- "In 1933, Xavier opened "La Parfumerie Xavier Delavigne" , a popular local boutique."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Local' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !
Vous avez une 'combine' pour vous souvenir de 'Local' ? Partagez-la avec nous sur notre forum !
HTML Comment Box is loading comments...