native: natif, natal
English is my native language, but I also speak French. L'anglais est ma langue natale, mais je parle aussi le français.
The koala is native to Australia. Le koala est natif d'Australie.
the Native Americans les Indiens d'Amérique
- "Female, I would say, probably a long-beaked common dolphin, native to this region."
- "Consequently, I suggest that Jean adopt a native English accent, to make himself easier to understand."
- "Today, as my personal assistant Brian Jones and I explored this city and talked to the native people, I was struck by the differences between our two countries."
- "They look like tiny little bears, but they're actually part of the marsupial family, animals native to Australia."
- "I'm returning to my native continent immediately, if he'll have me back."
- "My feelings for you are like a lesson that has been corrected instantaneously by a team of native English-speakers, and sent back to your inbox with a score of 100%!"
- "Now, while she's changing the bill, tell me a bit more about your native Sweden, I've heard it's quite cold this time of year..."
- "As far as the numerous traffic violations incurred by Mr. Marron, I can only suggest that the vast societal and cultural differences between his native country (France) and ours played a significant part in his actions."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Native' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !