to observe (a cat, a minute of silence): observer (un chat, une minute de silence)
UK: I observe the moon with my telescope - it's great!
US: We observe one minute of silence before destroying people's property.
- "We are actually being observed by some market researchers behind that one-way mirror."
- "After this alarming incident, I decided to observe Spencer from a safe distance."
- "During the inspection of your laboratory, I observed the following"
- "Brian : Look, I have fingers, not fins, and if you observe closely, you'll see that I'm slowly drowning."
- "As this is an official FBI matter, please observe strict protocol for discretion and confidentiality."
- "I'd like to observe him further, next week perhaps, before I continue on to the rest of the staff."
- "Before we begin, let us observe a brief moment of silence in the honour of her majesty the queen of England."
- "I've been told there are a few cameras installed in the towers, but their footage is never observed."
- "On the contrary, we are observing some interesting interactions between her and the younger male monkeys (and one female)."
- "Jackie Hasselhof observes "The government has become blatantly anti-union, man."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Observe' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !