a pound: une livre (0,4535924 kg)
(it costs 20) pounds: (cela coûte 20) livres (sterling)
to pound: marteler
UK: This skirt only cost two pounds.
US: I was pounded on the head by a three-hundred-pound boxer.
- "All I have are pounds."
- "My darling wife, Sophie, gave birth to the seven-pound two-ounce cutie at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon."
- "Imagine having hundreds of millions of pounds to gamble every day."
- "In the last five years, the pound has risen 34 per cent against the dollar, including 10 per cent in the past 12 months."
- "Brian : About four pounds."
- "Brian : A quid is a pound sir."
- "Bruno : Four pounds."
- "Shoshana, who weighs 350 pounds (160 kilograms) and has a history of violence, will be put to sleep early next week."
- "250 pounds is about 114 kilograms, Jean."
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the British pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Pound' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !