a pound: une livre (0,4535924 kg)
(it costs 20) pounds: (cela coûte 20) livres (sterling)
to pound: marteler
UK: This skirt only cost two pounds.
US: I was pounded on the head by a three-hundred-pound boxer.
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
- "Shoshana, who weighs 350 pounds (160 kilograms) and has a history of violence, will be put to sleep early next week."
- "My darling wife, Sophie, gave birth to the seven-pound two-ounce cutie at 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon."
- "In the last five years, the pound has risen 34 per cent against the dollar, including 10 per cent in the past 12 months."
- "Pounds and ounces!"
- "Imagine having hundreds of millions of pounds to gamble every day."
- "Talk to me in pounds and ounces please."
- "The market has been driven by an exchange rate that has risen above two dollars to the British pound for the first time since the early 1980s."
- "250 pounds is about 114 kilograms, Jean."
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Pound' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !