the soap: le savon
Soap is considered an uncountable noun, and is generally preceded by "some" or "any", however when referring to a bar of soap, the article "a" can be used :
Could you get me some soap at the store? Peux-tu aller me chercher du savon au magasin?
a bar of (clover) soap: un savon (parfumé au trèfle)
- "Sugar 'n' Spice Soap Bar"
- "I'm washing them - with soap."
- "I remind you that your company, Soppy Soaps, owes The Delavigne Corporation a total of $178,921 for this order."
- "Soppy Soaps Inc."
- "Following your demand for payment which I received this morning, please find enclosed a transfer order for the three shipments totaling 520 Delavigne "Sugar "n" Spice" soap bars, with invoices dated May 2nd, 18th, and 30th."
- "Employee : French Onion Soap!"
- "Wash them with soap!"
- "Wash them again with soap!"
Pour ne plus oublier la traduction en français de 'Soap' et progresser en anglais à l'écrit comme à l'oral, découvrez nos cours d'anglais Gymglish !