Tradução & Definição
to afford: poder gastar, ter recursos, poder custear
We cannot afford to lose anymore time. Não podemos nos permitir perder mais tempo.
I will soon be able to afford a nice vacation. Em breve, terei condições de custear umas férias agradáveis.
affordable (price): (preço) acessível, razoável
This car is affordable. Este carro tem um preço acessível.
- "Johns, who has been widely criticised for wasting money on the album, responded to critics yesterday, saying: "You're just jealous because you can't afford to have the Queen of England rap on one of your songs."
- "How can you afford to live there?"
- "Spend as much money as you can afford."
- "I can't afford hot..."
- "The average American family can't afford to dine in sit down restaurants anymore."
- "Bruno : Unfortunately, the current economic climate has led to budget cuts, and the Corporation cannot afford to take you on a guided tour of the Park."
- "And then I'm supposed to have a meeting with Philip and talk about the sales budget for the next quarter, and I just know he's going to ask me for more stuff that I can't afford to allocate him, and - well - you know what Philip's like, and... It's just too much, mommy!"
- "In fact, spend more than you can really afford."
- "After all, you deserve the best treatment that only a very wealthy sub-section of the population can afford."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Afford' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!