Tradução & Definição
to be afraid (of snakes): ter medo (de cobras, serpentes)
I'm afraid. Eu tenho medo.
(I'm) afraid (that he is very sick): Eu temo que ele esteja muito doente
I'm afraid to say that (your plant is dead): Eu lamento dizer que (sua planta está morta)
- "I've interviewed scores of candidates, and I'm afraid to say that none of them is up to par."
- "Art dealer : But, I'm afraid to say it's been sold."
- "They are trying to break me, Bruno, and I am afraid that despite my rugged, tough exterior, I may not last."
- "I read your CV with interest, but I'm afraid to say we have no suitable vacancies at present."
- "We've had to lock the door to his hut, I'm afraid."
- "Samantha : I'm sorry, but I'm afraid you can never hope to replace Sheeba."
- "Brian : I'm afraid that's out of the question."
- "I'm afraid to say you were right."
- "I'm afraid this is also a fight to the death."
- "Edward : I appreciate your frustration, Mr Smith, but I'm afraid to say that Delavigne fragrances are not designed to light barbecues."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Afraid' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!