Tradução & Definição
to damage: estragar, danificar, prejudicar
Our new cat has already managed to damage the couch. Nosso novo gato já conseguiu estragar o sofá.
Excessive exposure to the sun may be damaging to your health. Uma exposição excessiva ao sol pode prejudicar a saúde.
damage: os estragos, os danos
1,000 dollars' worth of damage was done to the car. O carro sofreu danos num valor de 1.000 dólares.
earthquake damage estragos causados por um terremoto
The damage is already done. O mal está feito.
damages (legal term): perdas e danos (termo jurídico)
I've already paid 5,000 in damages. Eu já paguei 5.000 dólares em perdas e danos.
UK: Our new cat has already managed to damage the couch.
US: 1,000 dollars' worth of damage was done to my new car.
- "Covers damages to your vehicles in incidents other than auto accidents."
- "Is the bottle damaged, opened or defective?"
- "You have a $500 deductible on your comprehensive and collision coverage, meaning that Ouch Insurance will pay for any damages above this amount."
- "Covers damages to your vehicle resulting from a collision with another car."
- "However, there's another way we can unwittingly damage the environment with computer use: going online."
- "She's so awful that just the sight of her makes people scream. When I pick her up, people run out of the room. In my hands, this instrument can do more damage than a bazooka!"
- "Covers you if your car damages someone else's property."
- "If we don't get it right, it could SERIOUSLY damage Delavigne's sales next year!"
- "No damage that I can see."
- "Perhaps the benefits of the internet outweigh any damage it may cause to the environment?"
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Damage' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!