Tradução & Definição
to defeat (a team): derrotar, vencer (uma equipe, um time)
a defeat: uma derrota, um fracasso
- "At the Dubai Pro-Am tournament, a major surprise as an amateur golfer named Terrance Cashman shocked the world by shooting three under par and defeating over fifty professionals taking part in the tournament."
- "Philip : Oh great, not only will we be humiliated, but we'll have the press covering every defeat."
- "However the Togolese did receive some good news today as their football team defeated the heavily favored Irish side 2 goals to nil."
- "In Japan, the Yomiuri Giants defeated the Hanshin Tigers to qualify for the playoffs."
- "Defeat a super villain."
Ainda tem dificuldades com 'Defeat' (vocabulário inglês e traduções)? Quer melhorar o seu inglês? Faça o teste de nosso curso de inglês online e receba uma avaliação de nível grátis!